Upgrading to Oracle Database 11g Release 2 provides the latest in efficient, reliable, secure data management for mission-critical on-line transaction processing applications, query-intensive data warehouses, and content management and Web2.0 applications. The right planning, preparation, and upgrade steps will make the upgrade process simpler, faster, and more predictable from start to finish.
- The organization was running their Oracle E-business suite 11.5.9 with Oracle 184.108.40.206 Database on Sun Solaris.
- Solve IT challenges from rapid growth that resulted in having a number of applications that didn’t communicate with each other
- Deploy a mature, robust, solid enterprise resource planning (ERP) solution as the backbone to
other modules being deployed
- Increase competitive advantage through process efficiency
- Upgrade to Oracle Database 11g and Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1 at the same time, so
users would have one major change period
- Minimize management burden for database administrators (DBAs) and reduce hardware and
You are not required to modify existing applications that do not use features available in Oracle Database 11g Release 1 (11.1). Existing applications running against a new Oracle Database 11g Release 1 (11.1) database function the same as they did in prior releases and achieve the same, or enhanced, performance.
Many new features and enhancements are available after upgrading to Oracle Database 11g Release 1 (11.1). Some of these features provide added features and functions, while others provide improved performance. Before you upgrade your applications, you should review these new features to decide which ones you want to use.